Thursday, July 8, 2010

And baby makes...



Five!
That's two adults, three kids -- and no, not a typo. When we learned last year that we would be welcoming another baby, it was a joyful -- although intangible -- event. Really? We were going to be a family of 5 with three kids just about under the age of 3? I felt like looking around me -- surely, Lord, you saved this task for someone far holier than me....

The two lines, the positive doctors tests, and my growing queasiness confirmed the new life, but I just couldn't imagine our young family expanding. I watched my two kids growing -- their days full of laughing, playing, bargaining, and spending respectively longer times in time out, and I would wonder -- where in this situation will the baby be? He was very present in my ever-expanding belly, but even in the days, hours, and minutes leading up to his birth, we were still amazed to think -- what will he look like? How big will he be? Which of his older two siblings will he most resemble? He was alive, with kicks, a heartbeat (like a gallop, according to the nurses), -- but still invisible. And from the beeping on the hospital monitor, to the waiting in the labor and delivery room for the contractions to grow closer together... it seemed that all we would do regarding this baby was wait, wait, and wait. And wonder.

And then -- in a matter of seconds, he came. And in that instant, just like with his sister and brother, I coudn't imagine life without out him.

Welcome Caleb Xavier, we're so, so blessed you're here....

No comments:

Post a Comment